June 9, 2010

Being A Mom


Motherhood is bittersweet!


I want my kids to grow up so badly, but i also want them to

stay the way they are forever.


I want them to be as responsible, to go to bed early so i can have

time for myself in the evening. But at the same time, i want them

to just be there, snoozing away near us.


I love that i can take care of them, nourish them, be there for them, but

sometimes it`s so emotionally and physically draining.


There are so many little chores that needs to be done every single day,

stock up the diapers, tidy up the toys, fold and put away the laundry,

tidying up the house, cooking, driving them to school...

All these little things are tiring, but as a mom, i enjoy doing them just the same.


I love how our lives have been forever changed because of our kids.

And yet sometimes i yearn for the simplicity of the past.


And then guilt comes in.


I once read that "Motherhood is the loneliest job on earth".

Maybe because all mothers feel that way at some point.

But im still thankful i have these lil angels.

They are my only treasure.


And that`s what makes it possible to just pick up,

get on with it, and try again tomorrow!


2 comments:

Liza said...

i know exactly how you feel.. there are days I would yearn for the time when I still didn't have a complicated life but then at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade motherhood for anything else..

And I also felt guilty before when I had those feelings but now I'm fine with it..

Motherhood is all about sacrifices and giving..But then, "being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love..."

Consistently Grateful said...

Tama ka, lui. kaya nga somehow the best part of motherhood for me is: giving and receiving unconditional love. thanks for visiting.

p.s. sayang naman nung $400 mo..hehe