June 15, 2010

Can You Be My Friend?


I woke up at 5:45 a.m. today, and that`s already too early for me.

But because i needed to. Though i rented her a car to pick her up

and bring her to school everyday, she wants me to drive her there today.


It`s my daughter`s first day in school and of course she`s very excited.

Last night, she already prepared her clothes, shoes, and her tweeny cosmetics.

She`s the lil me. :-)


On the way to school, we were chitchatting.

She`s anxious coz she still doesn`t know who will be her classmates this

school year. And she`s hoping that her bestfriends from 3rd grade will still be on the same class with her this year.


Making friends is important to her, so i let her feel that it`s important to

me, too.

I tell her stories about my days in school when i also need

to make new friends. I know that it`ll be comforting to her that her mom

went through it.


As parents, we should give our kids the freedom to pick their friends,

but it`s our role to guide them in making the right choices...knowing

that these kids will be a big influence in our child`s life. School is scary

enough for children who stress over homework and tests, but it becomes

an even scarier place if they have to worry about making friends, too.


As parents, we need to let them know that there is nothing to fear---

there`s a friend out there for everyone.


And boosting their confidence and leading them to the right direction

will find them in lifelong friendships.

No comments: